December 18, 2014, 08:22:32 AM Hide Utility Bar  Close 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  Home   Forum   Gallery Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Citadel "Finecast" is a load of bullshit  (Read 4823 times)
beardy-baldy

Wannabe god, being crumbled under his own power.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »

Both. We all wore white frocks (again, really).

EDIT: Lord-a-mercy, did I just get quoted for the first time ever?!

*joy*
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:05:43 AM by beardy-baldy » Logged

Get your groove on, Soldier!

"You'd probably remember ETK for her fiery red hair, her love of water Pokemon and being daring enough to wear red suspenders over a yellow shirt. That shit just WORKED."

-Apothecary Mokkai
Exodes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »

I've seen posts about the resin and if GW released the correct MSDS sheets for their resin, it isn't cancer causing, it's dust and particles are no worse for you than the curent metal or plastic currently available.

Can something be too venerable?? I was really looking forward to this model, and I am kinda dissapointed. It looks like he was attacked by a knick-knack store. And honestly, does a mechanized coffin with a mostly dead guy inside need a loin cloth?
DrunkenViking

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »

I'm curious to know if GW is using the same molds, or if they had new ones made.  I want to know so I can find out what kind of resin they are using.

If it is the same molds, then it's probably a poly-urethane resin.

"Psst, Dan, are you talking about the Drunken Viking or Inu. Francly I find them both somewhat annoying..." -Warboss Barkot

weeeeee!!!!!
an eye...i love my testicles way too much...
lighter or a match? if you were to set a loved one on fire... -Madame_Bovary
HiredgoonThug
Greenskin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »

It's resin laced with plastic to make it more flexible and less smashy.

They use the same molds, I think they just had to drill holes in them?

Maybe using the same molds is why so many defects are happening?

WAAAGH!
oglethorp

official DT kicker of ass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »

i heard some molds had to be replaced and some had to be converted. that is the reason they are giving to distributors for the price increases

Vegetarians should eat bacon though. Not because I'm trying to force them to give up their pointless struggle against the true omnivorous way, but because bacon is made of win and awesome. -TOF-
Exodes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 08:54:58 AM »

Again: based on what I've read - They have new molds for the finecast models and said molds will be wearing out at a much quicker rate.

but I'm definately not digging the price increases on plastic. Scenery up $.25/box in the US and up $9.25 in Canada? Bastages!

Can something be too venerable?? I was really looking forward to this model, and I am kinda dissapointed. It looks like he was attacked by a knick-knack store. And honestly, does a mechanized coffin with a mostly dead guy inside need a loin cloth?
DrunkenViking

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »

Again: based on what I've read - They have new molds for the finecast models and said molds will be wearing out at a much quicker rate.

but I'm definately not digging the price increases on plastic. Scenery up $.25/box in the US and up $9.25 in Canada? Bastages!

That makes no sense, the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the American Dollar.  GD GW, stop killing yourself!

"Psst, Dan, are you talking about the Drunken Viking or Inu. Francly I find them both somewhat annoying..." -Warboss Barkot

weeeeee!!!!!
an eye...i love my testicles way too much...
lighter or a match? if you were to set a loved one on fire... -Madame_Bovary
SkavenNecron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »

I bought a Dystopian Wars starter set. It's made almost entirely of resin, albeit a more rigid resin than what GW's using. Not a single miscast or bubble. $55. Comes with 700pts. Normal game seems to be 1000 to 1500pts.

Now, I'm not saying GW is terrible and expensive, but... oh, wait, yes I am.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:29:30 PM by SkavenNecron » Logged

"Be the broken or the breaker/Be the giver or the undertaker/Unlock and open the doors/Be the healer or the faker/The keys are in your hands/Realize you are your own sole creator/Of your own master plan"
Exodes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »

They just figure they'll continue to hose certain markets for extra $ and there's nothing we'll do about it... but right now I bet alot of Canadian guys are feeling the pinch while Us operators like the Warstore offer us 20% off, on US prices, with free shipping.

Why would I buy a Canadian tree scenery pack for almost $50 CND dollars at my local shop, but I can get one for $20 USD - 20% discount and free shipping and have it at my door in a week? I DO buy alot of my stuff from my local shop since he's the one giving us a fantastic place to play for our gaming group, but when I need a big ticket plastic item, especially terrain it makes no sense.

SkavenNecron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »

Ugh, I can't even stomach paying GW prices in USD for this crap. $50 CAD for Incubi... $30 for a Grotesque. So at the current exchange rate, that's like, what, $31 USD for a Grotesque in Canada? And then you get air bubbles and misalignments. For an extra 10 bucks, Mark Wells will personally visit your home and spit in your face!

$4.45 CAD for a pot of paint. Ha.

I'm waiting for US stores to be forbidden from selling to Canadians, on pain of exterminatus.

"Be the broken or the breaker/Be the giver or the undertaker/Unlock and open the doors/Be the healer or the faker/The keys are in your hands/Realize you are your own sole creator/Of your own master plan"
HiredgoonThug
Greenskin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »

I'll buy the stuff and send it to you if they do that Smiley

WAAAGH!
patsy02
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 03:55:47 AM »

They'll find out. And they'll come for you.

Last night, I dreamed patsy had the molds for the metal models and then we all danced (really).

"Part of it.  But why would you want to own the site?  It's endless gay jokes and more bills."
- Goon
HiredgoonThug
Greenskin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »

I'll be waiting!  *pelvic thrust*

WAAAGH!
patsy02
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

Last night, I dreamed patsy had the molds for the metal models and then we all danced (really).

"Part of it.  But why would you want to own the site?  It's endless gay jokes and more bills."
- Goon
HiredgoonThug
Greenskin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »

Posted that on the DiceTroll Facebook page a little while ago.

WAAAGH!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: