December 17, 2014, 09:16:48 PM Hide Utility Bar  Close 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  Home   Forum   Gallery Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burial in Jerusalem  (Read 1696 times)
LongBeard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 01:46:33 PM »

Everything is so civil... I miss flames...

"LongBeard: piously defends God and Christianity at every occasion, to the point where only an insane, warhammer-swinging Battle Monk will suit him. Wink" -EarTubb.

"and i love you longbeard." - Erik the Mighty.

Chaplain of Plush
Marky Lazer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 07:01:27 PM »

Odiz: BTW, history... Well, it's hard to believe it is history if you don't believe in God.

Even simple things. Genesis 7:6 says: "Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth."

That seems a tad bit old. So, saying it's clearly history, doesn't make sense.

Then you say it's the << if not the most accurate documents dating back that far. >>

What about the Koran?
It also contains 'history', rulse to live by, etcetera. Why do we always pick the Bible over the Koran?

LongBeard: I hate you

if your over the drinking age and use myspace.. your a loser. - DGG
Da Skorpion
Administrator

Pondering like the Meks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 07:40:31 PM »

The old testament was told from son to son, and not written down for a looong time... of course its not as accurate as history of a few 100 years ago. People like to make their stories more powerfull, so they change over the years...
However, we can consider them alike legends. Especiallly since we know where Noah's arc is. (Yes we do, but the local muslim government threw the western argeolists(sp?) out...)

So yes, we can consider a lot of the bible as history.

"Arrr! Curse you and your Logic!" - Loose_Cannon

"Either speak plainly, or don't. I'm a guy. Subtle hints and gentle gestures toward what you want will not work." - Mokkai, our local bartender
Oddiz4You

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 11:50:36 PM »

Except that the Koran wasn't written until at least 500 AD (I forget the exactdate)and who says Noah couldn't have lived that long? Because people today don't live that long? A catastrophic flood might change the atmosphere enough to shorten our lives, as well as God saying, "I'm going to make men not live as long any more." And archaeologically it is incredibly accurate.

But it's GIR!
HiredgoonThug
Greenskin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 01:46:33 AM »

According to the Bible and other texts before that many people lived pretty long lives back then, longer than ours.  But 600 years sounds a bit rediculous unless someone is hiding something from us...  THE GOVERNEMENT!

Oh, Skorp, Super...  I did not approve your messages for posting!  

WAAAGH!
Da Skorpion
Administrator

Pondering like the Meks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 02:35:16 AM »

Mods dont need their mesages aprooved, and I aproved ML's...

"Arrr! Curse you and your Logic!" - Loose_Cannon

"Either speak plainly, or don't. I'm a guy. Subtle hints and gentle gestures toward what you want will not work." - Mokkai, our local bartender
greenskintau

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 03:27:26 AM »

back to the subject. Thousands of years ago, the Arabs and Jews lived togather on the land now called Israel. in relative peace and prosperity. the romans did come, and they did persecute the jews until they were suppressed or left. The Arabs did not, however 'steal' this land. Even if they did, are you going to hold a grudge on someone whose family has tended the land for hundreds of years because one of their ancestors 'stole' a vacant patch of land over 2000 years before? no. You should accept that they have as much right to be there as anyone else. Does this give Israel the right to invade Palestine and supress its people for 50 years? The Israeis did not listen to the palestinians peacefully, and would you just be supressed quietly? or would you struggle? would you like to be condemned in life and death as a terrorist if you had just been standing up for yourself and your fellows? no, thought not.

Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who actually do.
SkavenNecron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004, 06:17:20 AM »

I think the whole situation is madness. I mean, the guy is dead, who gives a crap? If he wants to be buried in Jerusalem, let the guy be buried in Jerusalem. I personally think Arafat was little more than a terrorist, but really, who gives a crap? A dead terrorist is still dead. A dead king is still dead. A dead peasant is still dead. Dead is dead. Let 'im be buried where he wants.

Yes, the Jews were in the area of Israel a long time ago. Yes, the Romans kicked them out. Yes, the Palestinians moved in. Yes, the Jews returned to Israel. But really, why can't both parties live there? The way I see it, this a super-mutated and convoluted version of the "Old West Cowboys and Indians" thing in the US.

Really, I would say no outside force should get involved with the dispute, except Israel has nukes, and that's not a risk anyone should be willing to take.

Basically, the whole damn thing is one gigantic mess.

"Be the broken or the breaker/Be the giver or the undertaker/Unlock and open the doors/Be the healer or the faker/The keys are in your hands/Realize you are your own sole creator/Of your own master plan"
Warboss Barkot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 09:40:22 PM »

You know who is to blaim for this? It is the idiot leaders of the "winning" nations of the WW2 that felt sorry for the jews(and who can blaim them) that figured they should give the jews their land back, from which they where kicked out from almost 2000 years ago, and asuming that the people that  lived there would have no problem with that, that no problems could come from this. That is plain naive! Asume what would happen in the US if someone said that the native americans are getting their land back, and that all of you amricans have to move out. What would you do? Just leave? And the Palestinians did not drive out the jews like the americans did with the indians...

I just can't see how anyone could support the Israeli in this case!! They show no respect for the Palestinians. They have no more right to be there than the Palestinians.  

"'Ello Mrs Conclution"
"'Ello mrs Premisis"
"Had a busy day?"
"Busy? I spent four hours burying the cat!"
"Four hours to bury the cat?!?"
"Yes, it wouldn't keep still."
Oddiz4You

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 08:22:26 AM »

Alright, you know what, this really is just going back and forth reiterating the same arguments. So we will just wait and see. But Israel will never be destroyed, that I know.

But it's GIR!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: